An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:38 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 46:

Fools Rush In

Fools rush in – I relate to this title. Many a time through my life, I’ve rushed into events because I failed of think of the consequences, only to find when I was half way through suddenly things didn’t turn out the exact way I’d portrayed them. Either I ended up with egg on my face or continued to finish what I started with little success.
Yes – I’m over sixty years of age; and probably getting to the point of life when I’m old and grumpy. I don’t want to become grumpy, however, have no choice in slowing down the age barrier.
In essence, I’m a gambler. I believe at the time I rush into anything luck is on my side. My personal belief is ‘whatever I protract will happen the way I want it to be’. And this is why I like the title – ‘Fools Rush In’. This shows my way of doing things.
Memory takes me back to ‘Elvis Presley Special’ when he sang amongst other songs ‘Fools Rush In’. His voice alone portrayed the American dream of a youth raised from lower class to become ‘King of Rock & Roll’.
Further back than I care to remember Elvis’s songs were always on the airways from humble ballads to extreme rock & roll. Elvis beyond doubt was the ‘King of Rock & Roll’ and still retains the title to be remembered forever.
Least of all, in his day, one could understand the songs together with his sweet voice transmitted a vibe through ones body to either smile or dance to the tune.
Today’s music, I’m afraid to admit, not only do I not understand the words of each song nor understand the music. I’m afraid I heard too much of ‘Elvis’ music in my youth to think otherwise.
Perhaps I am becoming old and grumpy and not realise what is happening. To retain my sanity all I need to do is to reflect on my past and visualise Elvis standing playing his guitar wearing the black leather jump suit with his voice singing ‘Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread’ and my world is whole.

SPECIAL NOTICE: THIS IS THE FINAL STORY IN THIS BOOK. IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE 'BRILLIANT OMR STORIES' CLICK ONTO THE LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/270499 THANK YOU FOR READING THESE STORIES. I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED THEM.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Postby patritter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 1:

Because of this time of the year I want to introduce you to a book I wrote almost 20 years ago when I worked as an Alcohol & Drug Counsellor. Part of my time was spent trying to help young people through those hideous years before they gradulated to be an adult. These times are tough on young people especially more today than any other time. Hope you enjoy this book.

Many young people between the ages of 12 years and 19 years came to see me when I was an alcohol and drug counsellor.

Their concerns were a number of reasons, mainly because of varied issues they were experiencing with life in general. These issues would land them in hot water with the authorities and their parents.

I listened to what they had to say and after a time thought about what could be done to assist them with solving these issues. It became a journey of personal experience for them. Information drawn from many areas I’d read and worked was used to help these young people.

I devised a programme workbook for young people to follow and hopefully enrich their lives and help them succeed in their life.
IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 2:

SESSION 1

Let us first look at WHERE AM I NOW! These are examples, such as: unemployed; trouble at home; not enough money; using drugs; trouble with police; and people hate me.

WHERE DO I WANT TO GO? For an example of – unemployed, this could be: get a job. Trouble at home, could be: improve communication. Not enough money could be: learn to save money. Using drugs could be: control drug use. Trouble with police could be: stop getting into trouble; and people hate me could be: start liking yourself.

These are examples I have used however you may want to include or change these as you wish. The principle is the same.

Unfortunately it’s impossible to change everything at once, therefore let’s work on what we can change.

From the examples above I’ve selected four to change. These are: unemployed; using drugs; trouble at home; and people hate me.

Trying to change four of these examples at once is indeed difficult; let’s choose two of the most important ones we can change immediately.

I have chosen – unemployed and using drugs.

Because it’s difficult to change anything in our lives immediately, I strongly suggest you choose only one issue to change at a time. Think about what it is you want to change today.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 3:

I’ve chosen – unemployed and my focus is – get a job.

How do I get a job? How do I go about doing it?

Learn how to set a goal and achieve the results.

To set any goal it is best to write down your goal on a piece of paper. In other words, the first thing you do is to: write down your goal.

Second, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal. If you fail to set a deadline your focus on reaching this goal may not be achieved. So remember, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal.

Third, set your standards high. Reach for the sky. Believe you can do it; it’s all in your hands.

This is an example of writing down the goal you want to achieve:

By the date (allow seven days from the start of writing down your goal) I will have a job.

Points to remember: write down your goal; give yourself a deadline; and set your standards high.

Now you have focused on the one goal to achieve and have written it down, it is now your commitment to employ strategies to achieve this goal.

Strategies are a step by step process of ideas to lead you forward to achieve your goal.

An example of strategies for unemployed – get a job.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK CLICK ON THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:15 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 4:

What type of work do I want - office work.

What skills do I have? Communication, typing, good manners, well dressed, listening skills; and computer skills.

How do I get an office job? Examples are: Unemployment services; advertise in local newspaper or bulletin boards; prepare a resume and distribute through local businesses.

Remember to write down your goal, set up strategies to achieve your goal and now the most important part is to believe in yourself and think positive. These are some positive thoughts to use to achieve your goal of getting a job.

Put your plan into action at once;
Clearly define your plan for achievement;
Write out precisely and concisely exactly what you want;
Exactly when you want to achieve it;
Each and every day, morning and evening read your written goal aloud;
As you read it, see, feel and believe yourself already in possession of your objective;
Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you do not want;
Day by day in every way I am getting better and better;
Hope is the magic ingredient in motivating yourself and others; and
You can do it if you believe you can.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

DON’T GIVE UP UNTIL YOU HAVE WHAT YOU WANT!
IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK CLICK ONTO THIS LINK:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
missNikki
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank you MissNikki. I appreciate it. Here is the page for today: 'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 5:

SESSION 2

Congratulations on achieving your first goal!

Taking into account the second issue ‘using drugs’ let’s look at WHERE AM I NOW? Then consider WHERE DO I WANT TO GO?

I’ve chosen – using drugs and the result would be: control drug use.

How do I control drug use? How do I go about doing it?

Learn how to set a goal and achieve the results.

To set any goal it is best to write down your goal on a piece of paper. In other words, the first thing you do is to: write down your goal.

Second, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal. If you fail to set a deadline your focus on reaching this goal may not be achieved. So remember, give yourself a deadline to achieve this goal.

Third, set your standards high. Reach for the sky. Believe you can do it; it’s all in your hands.

This is an example of writing down the goal you want to achieve:

By the date (allow seven days from the start of writing down your goal) I will stop using drugs.

Points to remember: write down your goal; give yourself a deadline; and set your standards high.
TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 pm

'Programme Workbook For Young People' - Page 6:

Now you have focused on the one goal to achieve and have written it down, it is now your commitment to employ strategies to achieve this goal.

Strategies are a step by step process of ideas to lead you forward to achieve your goal.
Examples of strategies for using drugs – control drug use.
Consider the people I mix with – do not associate with drug users.
Reward myself – give myself a pat on the back often when I don’t mix with drug users.
Danger of drug use – learn about affects of drugs and damage it can do to my body and mind.
Boredom – take personal responsibility to change the ways I act toward using drugs.

Remember to write down your goal, set up strategies to achieve your goal and now the most important part is to believe in yourself and think positive. These are some positive thoughts to use to achieve your goal of stop using drugs.

Have the courage to face the truth;
I feel healthy! I feel happy! I feel terrific!
To be happy make others happy;
Think of others as you wish them to think of you;
Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you; and
Faith is a state of mind through which your aims, desires, plans and purposes may be translated into physical equivalent.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

DON’T GIVE UP UNTIL YOU HAVE WHAT YOU WANT!

ANOTHER IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I'M OFF ON MY ANNUAL VACATION AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING UNTIL 27TH DECEMBER 2013. MY PERSONAL THANKS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND YOUR CONTINUED READING OF MY PAGE FOR ME TO HAVE 25000 VIEWS. WITHOUT YOU THIS WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE. I WISH YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SEE YOU AGAIN ON THE 27TH. THANK YOU - PAT!

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/66114.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter