An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 pm

'The Proposition' (A Bundy Quicksilver Mystery) - Page 156:

‘I don’t think so – it’s stretching my luck a bit too far.’
After a hearty meal, the next race on the programme was Queensland Championships. All through the meal everyone shared their thoughts and anxieties of knowing Peter Clayton would at last be found. Mary was excited and kept looking toward the parade ring to see if she could see her son.
‘Mary, Peter is driving ‘High Class Investigator’ in the next race. The horse is carrying number two saddle cloth.’ Bundy beckoned to Mary by showing her his racebook.
‘His name is not Peter Clayton – it’s Peter Peacock.’ She looked at the page and astonishment covered her face.
‘Obviously he used your maiden name instead of his name.’ Bundy explained. ‘They’re coming out onto the parade ring – look, number two white with purple spots and purple sleeves.’ Bundy pointed.
Mary gazed at the horses and immediately saw her son she hadn’t seen for more than eight years. Tears filled her eyes, she wiped them with a tissue, leaned over to her mother and said, ‘look Mom – it’s Peter – we’ve found him.’ She gave her mother a hug.
Each horse and driver was announced to the crowd as they left the parade ring to enter the racetrack. When the announcer spoke the words ‘High Class Investigator’ driven by up and coming Peter Peacock, Mary stood and clapped and told her friends, ‘that’s my son driving that horse’ and promptly sat down.
Each horse made their way to the starting barrier on the opposite side of the track. Bundy, this time had bought his binoculars, placed them to his face, focused on number two horse and driver. In his mind he saw the horse looked fit; actions smooth, whilst the driver calm and focused.

THIS BOOK IS NEARING THE END SO IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE FULL BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO MY WEBSITE http://www.patritter.com.au

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 pm

'The Proposition' (A Bundy Quicksilver Mystery) - Page 157:

Immediately he understood why Ralph had asked to wait until the finish of the race before telling him about the DNA test result.
Bundy swung the binoculars to the front of the grandstand where the trainers and owners took their position. He focused on Ralph and noticed he appeared nervous. A tall blonde girl stood beside him. Bundy wondered if she was Peter’s girlfriend.
Suddenly the announcer raised the alarm the race was about to begin. A trumpet blasted across the airways signalling the start of the race. The horses were to race a distance of 2600 metres. They lined up behind the mobile barrier.
Bundy kept his binoculars focused on number two horse as the mobile sped away from the horses. Number one horse took a position in front – that’s it Peter get in behind number one and stay there, Bundy said to himself. First quarter thirty-one three, the announcer’s voice echoed. Pace is good – stay there Peter, be patient. This was a major race and tactics were upper most in each driver’s mind.
Around the final bend and heading for home. Bundy saw Peter swing his horse into the passing lane at the top of the straight toward the winning post. Number one horse moved out under pressure and number two horse ‘High Class Investigator’ slipped through on the rails to win by two metres. He won!
The crowd cheered especially Mary and her mother; tears fell from Mary eyes, and hugged her mother and continued to hug everyone around the table. Bundy looked at Kate and smiled. It was a fine ending to a tough investigation.
‘Okay let’s go to the birdcage and wait until after the presentation to see Peter and Ralph.’ Bundy told his friends.

NEAR THE FINAL PAGES OF THE BOOK SO IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE A COPY GO TO MY WEBSITE http://www.patritter.com.au

mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

'The Proposition' (A Bundy Quicksilver Mystery) - Page 158:

After paying for their meals they left the restaurant and walked to the birdcage. This is an area where horses, trainers and owners place their horses in a stall to prepare for their race. It is a huge building covered by a roof and stalls in the centre and around the side accommodating stalls for each entrant.
All clear sounded by the announcer. Presentation of a trophy and speeches by dignitaries took place in the enclosure on the parade ring. Ralph accepted the winner’s trophy and in his speech acknowledged the drive by Peter.
After the presentation completed, Ralph led ‘High Class Investigator’ to his stall with a maroon coloured blanket highlighted with the words QUEENSLAND CHAMPION 2012 embroidery in yellow lettering.
Ralph was the first to see Kate and Bundy standing near the entrance to the stall. He instantly recognized Mary but didn’t know the others, ‘we won!’ He smiled. Following him close behind was Peter with the blonde female who Bundy seen previously with Ralph. They were holding hands.
Peter sighted his mother who ran toward her son, Peter let go of his girlfriend’s hand, swung his arms and wrapped them around his mother, ‘Mother’ was all he muttered. His eyes full with tears. They hugged each other until pulling apart said to his mother, ‘mother, this is Carol, my girlfriend.’ Mary threw her arms around Carol’s neck.
Bundy spoke to Ralph and told him the DNA test was positive and he was Peter’s biological father. After the celebration of renewed friendships, and the return of her son, Mary thanked Kate and Bundy for returning her son to her, safe and well. They said their farewells to all and left Mary and her mother with Ralph, Peter and Carol.

At precisely eight-thirty Monday morning Kate and Bundy stood in front of the Commissioner in his office.
‘Bundy and Kate –I congratulate each of you on behalf of the department for finding Peter Clayton – or Peacock as he now wants to be known.’ He shook their hands. Both accepted.
‘Bundy – what are we going to do with you?’ The Commissioner asked.
‘I need a rest – if you don’t mind.’ Bundy replied.
‘And you Kate – can you work without Bundy?’ He asked.
‘I don’t know. This was a great investigation and he is a ‘High Class Investigator’.

THIS IS THE FINAL PAGE OF THIS BOOK. IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE WHOLE BOOK PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/246166. NEW BOOK STARTS TOMORROW. THANK YOU FOR READING A PAGE PER DAY FROM THIS BOOK. HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED IT.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Re: Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:55 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 157:

he had to learn so he could become a much better person within himself so he could have self-control.
His major issue was becoming accountable for his actions. As a drunk he’d tell the most whopping lies to keep himself out of trouble. Now - he had to tell the truth every time.
Bundy used all of his self-discipline to learn a new way of becoming PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE. Up until this time he never realised the importance of being personally responsible for anything. It was a change he made which was so tough to make because he had to become personally responsible and tell the truth. He had to make a commitment he would at all times tell people what was on his mind instead of hiding his feelings.
His self-esteem skyrocketed together with his self-belief. For the very first time in his life he knew he was getting better and feeling more confident about what he was doing. His relationship between Ada and him strengthened to the degree of a deeper trust and love for one another leading onto honesty and ultimately intimacy. Bundy had never in his life before experienced such a feeling of intimacy with anyone. To experience a feeling of intimacy with anyone, is to lock one another’s minds together into the one motion, releasing the flow of love, trust, honesty and true feelings for one another is the ultimate experience for any human being.
Finally he was rewarded with his desire to work as an alcohol and drug counsellor in his own community and rewarded many times he failed to count the rewards, only seeing his clients walk by themselves along the highway of their choice. To witness the changes made by his clients to improve their lifestyles for a better life than they had as an alcoholic, was reward enough.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: THIS IS THE FINAL PAGE OF 'CONFESSIONS OF AN ALCOHOLIC'. HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED READING EACH PAGE PER DAY. IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE BOOK, PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7688 THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 1:

A Dog’s Life

Two small porcelain dogs, sat on top of the mantle piece faced one another with their noses pointed in the air.
‘Do you know the story behind those dogs, grandpa,’ asked the child.
‘I do – would you like to hear their tale?’
‘Yes, please, yes,’ the child said flashed a smile to make his grandfather’s heart swell with pride.
‘I can only tell you what I’ve been told. Grandma’s uncle, great uncle Eddie, told me after your great grandmother’s funeral, the two dogs passed down to your grandma, because she is the eldest in the family.’
‘Why was that?’ The child queried.
‘Great uncle Eddie told me the dogs originally belonged to your great grandmother’s - great grandmother who lived in England in the early 1800’s. How she obtained the two dogs is a mystery.’
‘Go on grandpa, I’m interested.’ The small boy said.
‘From what I can make from great uncle Eddie, these two dogs were packed in a packing case for their voyage from Mother England to Australia. On the way, the ship sank when going through rough weather.’
‘Was great grandma’s – great grandmother on the ship with the dogs?’
‘Yes, she and the other passengers were rescued but the two dogs were lost at sea and went down with the cargo on the ship.’
‘How did they find them?’
‘After a hundred years they were found in the hull of the ship and sent to Australia. Uncle Eddie says they’re cursed. I don’t know. Your grandma had them handed to her after her mother died and now they’re here because we have been given them to take care of.’
‘What do you think will happen with them?’
‘I suppose after I join your grandma, they will be handed down to your mother, and then onto you. I hope you take good care of them because they have been in the family a very long time.’
‘I will grandpa, hope I don’t have to look after them for many years to come. You look after them as long as you can, please.’
‘I will, I promise you.’

PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/246166TO READ A BUNDY QUICKSILVER MYSTERY!

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories': Page 2:

The Gold Coin

In his day he didn’t have gold coins. The only gold he knew was dug from the ground or panned from a river. In his hand he held a two dollar coin and pondered.
His memory returned to his younger days as a boy growing up in the bush. Pounds, shillings and pence were the currency of the day. For a penny he’d buy twenty hard boiled lollies. When eaten, not all at once, had a tendency to break a tooth, these lollies lasted a month?
Work was scarce. When he could find work he was paid ten shillings a week. From ten shillings he gave his mother five shillings for board and lodgings. He kept the remainder. Life was simple – go to work, when he could found it and always paid his mother half of his earnings.
Over time many things changed in his life; he grew into a man and earned five pound a week. He thought by earning this amount per week he was a millionaire. His job hard; tough working repairing railway lines, hot days with cold nights camping under the stars.
One day he met the love of his life and married. Within a couple of years his family grew to five. His wage never rose beyond five pound per week. This amount gave him sufficient to support his wife and family. Instead of giving his wife half of his wage, he gave her the total amount and kept a small sum for his own needs.
On the 14th February 1966 everything changed. Instead of receiving five pounds per week, his wages suddenly increased to ten dollars. He actually thought he was a millionaire because he received twice as much after decimal currency began.
Unfortunately his thoughts of becoming a millionaire soon diminished because with the change in decimal currency, items he purchased doubled instead of staying the same value. A ten shilling note was now a dollar note. He knew the value of ten shillings however with a dollar the value dropped instead of rising.
Over the future years he witnessed changes with the one dollar note and two dollar note becoming gold coins. One dollar coin was larger than the two dollar coin.
His thoughts returned to the present. In his hand he held a gold coin and wondered what would be next.

PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5928TO READ MY MEMOIRS.

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Postby patritter » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 pm

'Brilliant OMR Stories' - Page 3:

The Proposition

Bundy Quicksilver visited his local post office. Lynette, the post mistress said, ‘Bundy, you have a parcel to collect, please sign here.’ She placed a sheet of paper before him and pointed to a spot next to his name. He signed for the parcel, she handed it to him.
‘It’s from the Commissioner of Police.’ He told her, ‘I wonder what it’s about. I haven’t been in the police for over twenty years.’
‘Well, open it and see what’s in it.’ The post mistress said staring at the parcel. It’s unusual to have a parcel from The Commissioner. This would make top gossip in this small town and she was the one to spread it.
Bundy tore the paper wrapped around the parcel to reveal a blue coloured case with the words POLICE SERVICE MEDAL embroidered in gold lettering. He opened the case to see two silver medals.
‘Can I have a look?’ Lynette asked.
‘You can present them to me if you like?’ He asked Lynette and handed her the case.
She took the medals from the case, ‘do I stand to attention and salute or just pin them on your shirt?’ She asked.
‘Pin them on and don’t worry about the salute, but thank you for doing me the honour to present them to me.’ A tear of gratitude welled in Bundy’s eyes. Pride took over and he felt humble and privileged to have been presented with these medals. He’d served twenty years and now received two medals for the service he performed.

When he arrived home he wrote a letter of appreciation to The Commissioner to thank him for his kind gesture. Words were difficult to find – the right words of appreciation. These words spoke from his heart. He’d thought he’d been forgotten.

One morning, a fortnight after sending the letter to The Commissioner, he received a telephone call.
‘Is that you Bundy – it’s The Commissioner of Police.’ The voice echoed over the telephone.
‘Yes – it’s me, thank you for sending me those medals. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate receiving them.’ Bundy replied.
‘How would you like to visit me sometime, I have a proposition to present to you.’ The Commissioner asked.
‘It’ll be my pleasure. Can I ask what it is?’ Bundy replied.
‘Yes – I want to give you an assignment only you can do. Are you interested?’
‘Yes Sir – to get back on the horse would be a delight.’ Bundy replied.
Word count: 415: Link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/246166

PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52861TO READ HOW PARENTS CAN IMPROVE THEIR COMMUNICATION WITH THEIR TEENAGER. MOST IMPORTANT!
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter