• Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

It's back to 'The Proposition' today. I need to finish chapter 7, and I will!

Kate is holidaying in Bundy's holiday unit at Caloundra overlooking the Pacific Ocean. She befriended Mrs Elliott, Bundy's neighbour of many years. Over cups-of-coffee and a chat, Kate finds out many things from her neighbour about Bundy and his life.

She would never have discovered this new found information from Bundy because he was far too humble to express his true feelings about what he'd done and accomplished. She was beginning to build up a rapport with Mrs Elliott and would surely have a better working relationship with Bundy.

Kate returns to work to find Bundy has important information about the pieces of hair and clothing they received from Mrs Clayton.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is. Incidently, I had a wonderful time at the writer's group yesterday and our topic for this week is: 'No shirt - No shoes - No worries'. What am I going to write about?
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby dub » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes the striking differences between an Australian lifestyle and one in here in England :-D
As in the driving to your grandparents a couple of hundred miles away, stopping to shoot skippy :joker along the way
Please tell me Pat how long ago was this ? Maybe 25 years or more? I'm interested to know :yes
Is it still a common practice, the shooting of Kangaroos & skin en route :-D to a destination in these modern times :indifferent.
Here at home I've heard of situations of travellers picking up road kill :rotfl and we have 'lamping' which I'm told is to go rabbiting oh Bugs :heart with a torch and the customary rifle :joker Blind the furry little thing then shoot it Rabbit stew and a lucky rabbits foot, "not for the Rabbit) :wink
Pea shooters .22 calbre It's England :unionjack Lampers are likely restricted to air rifles :unionjack
So the similarity stops there one is Bugs Bunny :-D and the other Skippy :-D and they both hop ! :-D
Onto no shirt no shoes no worries (no problems-U.K translation :glasses )
I would need some time on this title as it just brings to mind 'up shit creek without a paddle' Basic survival is key here, :-D plus I always need a towel and toothbrush :-D
So how long do I get to come up with a story and how many words?
I given it a couple of hours can't get past USCWAP as a starting point :scratc
You may be amazed :shock: or not :wub
As for the story about your sister I bet it brought back a memory of riding onwards in the Jeep with a painful backside, resulting from the anthill sentinels mixup ! 'meat ants' sounds well, just painful ohhhh :confused
Thanks Pat greetings from us to you :clap

For this message the author dub has received thanks: 2
goodtimesdisco, Nevis
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 407 times
Highscores: 1

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Thank you Dub for your kind words. The property in question was way out west near the town of Quilpie. About three days drive from our city of Brisbane. The story was under five hundred words. I'm pleased you like it.

Now to today's section: Hope you like it as well.

Today is the day to finally complete chapter 7. I'm close, there are only one hundred words to go. I want to have a finish to make the reader turn the page. It won't be dramatic or anything like that, only telling the story of why Bundy gave this particular book to Kate to read.

You see criminal investigation work has changed since Bundy left the force (service) and since he left there are many tools he acquired such as reading. When he was a detective he never had much time for reading only court briefs or law books.

Since then he's read many books and articles involving people and how they think. He decided to allow Kate into this world to discover there is another way of solving crime.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out how Bundy teaches Kate how to use these new powers. Also today I need to work on my story for next week's writers group.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm

You'd be pleased to know I completed chapter 7 and now working on chapter 8. Kate returned from her two week break at Bundy's unit at Caloundra more relaxed and willing to 'get back into work'.

She read the book given to her by Bundy to read over her break. She read it a couple of times but couldn't understand why he wanted her to read it. Was it another of his tricks - like the time she walked one hundred and eighty metres near the point Peter Clayton went missing. She didn't know.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out the next step in the investigation.

dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm buzzing along with chapter 8. One thousand words so I'm a little under half way through the chapter.

Kate has designed a family tree with the missing child being the trunk. Each branch denotes a family member and branches from those family members denotes other family members.

She is a wizard at constructing the tree and Bundy acknowledges her gift for computer programming. It'd been a long time since he was involved in computer programming and without keeping up-to-date with the latest programmes he was lost in the forest of trees.

Whilst Kate is building the family tree, she reflects on the work she'd done over the past eight years. She would never have thought of DNA of the missing child, nor thought of building a family tree.

Why did Bundy want this family tree? Wait until tomorrow to find out after I've written the part of the book. I don't know myself yet.

dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:44 pm

This story has got a firm grip on me. Last night we travelled to Brisbane to see the Daniel O'Donnell Concert. If any of you haven't heard of Daniel O'Donnell, he is an irish singer, entertainer. He's great. And to hear him sing was unbelievable.

Anyway back to the story. Although my mind was focused on seeing and listening to Daniel my thoughts were somewhere else. Why did Kate change her mind and suddenly work with Bundy and Quincy?

She developed a family tree with the trunk named Peter Clayton (the missing person). Branches linked to his parents, grandparents, and other relatives. Bundy wants Kate to post a photograph of each relative in their respective places signifying their name and photograph.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow to find out why?

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby dub » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi Pat, I've not seen any Daniel O'Donnell stuff as yet, but will check him out on You tube the next time I'm logged on :-D
As a digression ! On a lovely hot sunny day check Larrys 70 birtday party hosted at the Black Dog pub, Northgate Crawley West Sussex.
click the link :arrow:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=949
and listen to some good Irish foot stomping Music !
Enjoy :clap

For this message the author dub has received thanks: 2
goodtimesdisco, Nevis
dub
Admin
Admin

Have thanks: 407 times
Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter