Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:11 am

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 72:

... sit down in front of him. He was about to say something when his ‘boss’ interrupted him saying, ‘I’m willing to forget everything that happened last night between you and I. As for this piece of rubbish you left on my desk for me this morning. This is what I want to do with it.’ His ‘boss’ tore up the piece of paper into small pieces, which Bundy left him about his resignation, afterwards throwing it into the waste paper basket? ‘I don’t want to hear any more about what happened. Get out of here.’ He blasted.
Bundy thought how lucky he was to remain a Law Enforcement Officer. It was now up to Bundy to ‘wake up to himself’.
That day was Christmas Day. He was invited to join Ada and her family at the dinner table to celebrate Christmas. That afternoon he was to commence duty to work the evening shift. This time he promised himself he wouldn’t drink alcohol and he was determined to change his attitude.
There seemed to be a pattern of drinking behaviour developing in Bundy but he couldn’t see it. He never considered at anytime that he ever had a problem with alcohol...

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, mzawf, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 73:

Chapter 4

...Surprisingly enough when Bundy and Ada wed in April the following year Bundy didn’t drink much alcohol. Even at his buck’s party the night before the wedding he stayed sober waiting for the following day. He didn’t want to mess up their day of becoming husband and wife.
Families and guests travelled many miles to join Bundy and his new bride in their celebration even his old ‘Boss’ from the property where he worked two years before attended the wedding with his wife. His present ‘Boss’ whom Bundy had crossed swords with at Christmas time attended with his wife when all had been forgiven in their moment of disagreement.
It was a celebration to remember. Bundy and Ada left after the wedding on their honeymoon, which was a transfer to another police station. This time it was a town closer to the coast. It was going to be a new beginning. Ada had never lived away from her parents before and Bundy wanted to ‘get back on track’ with his career.
Alas, Bundy continued to have a problem with alcohol. He joined in well with the other officers at the new police station but there was one officer who liked to drink ‘vino’ a drink made from grapes grown by the local farmers. It didn’t take long before this officer introduced ‘vino’ to Bundy.
Bundy was once again on the alcohol roller coaster. This time though it was a different drink to what he had drunk before, but with a much more powerful affect. ‘Vino’ had a higher level of alcohol than did the other drinks he drank...

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 74:

...It started off innocently one evening when Bundy was introduced to ‘vino’. ‘It won’t harm you.’ Keith said when he poured the drink into a huge tumbler for Bundy to drink. He handed the tumbler to Bundy saying, ‘It tastes a little sour at first and gets better with every drink.’
Bundy lifted the tumbler to his lips to taste the ‘vino’ it tasted very sour and bitter. That didn’t matter as he poured the remainder of the tumbler into his mouth feeling the sour taste draining down his throat and into his stomach. It felt warm as the fluid settled into his stomach.
Keith and Bundy devoured the contents of the flagon of ‘vino’. Bundy had done it again; he had sought out the one person at the police station whom had no control over alcohol. It was as if Bundy had a magnet exposed drawing toward another person who would become his drinking buddy. He was good at attracting people who drank alcohol, for he’d been doing it for a long time.
On the night Ada gave birth to their daughter Nicole, celebrations went on all night to early hours of the following morning. Bundy couldn’t believe he was a DAD.
Neil, another member at the station took care of Bundy while they were drinking, taking him to his own home to continue their celebrations. Bundy celebrated in drinking beer until it vertically came out of his earlobes. He was drunk. His excitement mixed with the emotions of becoming a Dad for the first time flowed over to ecstasy, this feeling mixed with alcohol causing Bundy to ‘call for hereby’ over the toilet pedestal...

dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:28 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 75:

...Neil, being a thoughtful chap, decided there was no better opportunity when he saw Bundy down on both of knees with his head inside of his toilet bowl at the same time vomiting into it, was too good an opportunity for him to miss. Neil, being a very considerate and thoughtful person photographed Bundy in this position showing him vomiting into the porcelain pony with his head buried inside of the bowl. Many years later Neil constantly reminded Bundy of that particular photograph, which he maintained he still, had.
Bundy was not only a father but also a husband. He had to now take on more responsibility for his actions, which was his drinking of alcohol. Responsibility and accountability didn’t go hand-in-hand with Bundy’s outlook with life. His thoughts of being a non-drinker never occurred to him, as he never thought that he had a problem with alcohol.
Another officer at the station suggested that they share in the purchase of a home brew kit and produce their own beer. What a disaster. Bundy couldn’t follow the instructions correctly, making the drink taste like lolly water instead of a golden rich colour of beer. One Saturday afternoon a solicitor friend of Bundy’s arrived at his home to see him. All of the beer Bundy had left in the refrigerator was his ‘home brew’. Between the two of them they polished off all of the remaining bottles of ‘home brew’ that afternoon. His friend saying, ‘I’ve never tasted drink like that before, and I don’t ever want again.’ Bundy told him it was ‘home brew’...

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:38 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 76:

...At times Bundy was called away to serve his duty at another town to help the local police officer with rodeos and shows. On one occasion Bundy visited the neighbourhood town to help at their local rodeo. His role to be near to the bar at the back of the bucking bronco chute to make certain there was no trouble.
What a joke, fancy sending Bundy to an area where there was alcohol.
Throughout the day the temperature was hot and so were the patrons enjoying their rodeo events. It didn’t take long before one of the locals invited Bundy to ‘have a drink with them.’ Then began a steady stream of stubbies from the bar to where Bundy was seated at the back of the rodeo chute. All afternoon Bundy sat on a log drinking alcohol with the local patrons.
When it came time for him to leave later that night, Bundy telephoned Ada to tell her he was on his way home. Ada said, ‘Have you been drinking Bundy?’
‘I’ve had a couple here at the rodeo.’ He told her in a very slurred voice.
‘Stay where you are, I’m driving to get you.’ She shouted down the telephone line in an anxious voice.
‘It’ll be all right. I’ve got the police car. I’ll drive steady. I’ll see you at home in awhile.’ he hung the phone onto the receiver.
Bundy started driving in the direction of his home. He knew he was drunk and kept seeing more than two double white lines marked on the roadway. There were two lots of double lines, so he drove in the middle of the two lines...

dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:55 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 77:

...If I hold one hand over one of my eyes I should be able to see only one set of double lines and stick to that. He placed his right hand over his right eye seeing the road with one eye. It worked because he was seeing only one set of double lines instead of two.
He’d driven about ten kilometres along the major highway when he stopped the car on the side of the road. He opened the driver’s door and almost fell out of the car. Regaining his footing he staggered around to the rear of the car. With his legs spread wide apart and both of his hands holding himself upright against the boot of the car, he vomited onto the ground.
At the same time a large truck pulled up at the back of the police car. A friend of Bundy’s said to him as he walked up beside him, ‘I’ve been following you for the last five kilometres. You’re doing all right. I’ll follow you home.’
Bundy drove to his home where he was met by Ada at the front door. ‘Come in and have a bath. I’ve made it hot so it will sober you up.’ She grabbed hold of Bundy’s arm and helped him into the bathroom. Bundy was feeling a little better but couldn’t forget the person who’d helped him along the road. He would have to thank him for what he’d done.
Ada made certain the water was steaming hot and Bundy felt it, ‘Why have you got the water so hot?’ Bundy shouted.
‘You’ll feel better after you’ve had a hot bath and go to bed.’ Bundy was a wreck. He’d vomited over his boots and his uniform. It was still not clear in his mind. His only feeling was the warmth from...

donna, dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:44 am

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 78:
...Ada in caring as she tucked him into bed. He fell off to sleep immediately his head hit the pillow.
Bundy returned the police vehicle to the police station the following morning. When he was driving to the police station he’d noticed his friend who’d stopped and helped him the night before. He stopped and walked over to him saying, ‘I want to thank you for all you did for me last night.’
‘It’s no trouble. You would have done the same for me.’
‘Let me know if I can help you at anytime.’ Bundy replied.
‘It’ll be okay.’ His friend called out as Bundy drove away.
Bundy didn’t drink all of the time. His drinking began to form a pattern of behaviour, whether if there was an opportunity for him to drink there at the time, or he had someone to drink with. It didn’t matter when he started drinking alcohol he couldn’t stop until he was totally drunk.
Bundy and Ada were invited to attend their friend’s wedding. It’s difficult to say how Bundy felt about going to weddings. One thing about a wedding – the alcohol was free. On the other hand alcohol was served in very small glasses, which inhibited Bundy’s drinking for he had to constantly re-fill his small glass regularly to acquire a taste.
At their friend’s wedding Bundy couldn’t remember afterwards who had been to the wedding. He was drunk. He was there for one thing and one thing only and that was to ‘get drunk’. It didn’t take long after they arrived, for Bundy to seek out the bride’s grandfather, who he knew would have a large bottle of Johnny Walker whisky. Before long...

donna, dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter