Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:56 am

'Build An Empire' -

‘Oh Desi. Look at you. You look like an Egyptian mummy.’ She cried kissed her husband on the lips.
‘You should see the other fellow.’ Desi smiled.
‘At least you still have a sense of humour.’ His father replied.
Daisy cried. Keith wrapped his arms around his wife.
Little Daisy said, ‘It’s been a long day. We should go. Catch up with you tomorrow big brother.’ She choked the words. Walked to his side kissed him on the cheek. ‘Love you. I’ll come back tomorrow.’
Others in the room except Cynthia left Desi’s ward. Cynthia held Desi’s hand. Sat next to his bed.
‘I thought you were killed.’ Cynthia said after everyone left.
‘Need more than falling off a horse to kill this little black duck.’ Desi-laughed. ‘Might be held up in this bed until I heal. Will you be okay with Mum and Dad?’ Desi asked.
‘Yes. I’ll be with you every day. I love you.’ They hugged, kissed, cried.
Desi rubbed Cynthia’s shoulders, ‘Cynthia, I can’t remember the race.’ Desi stated shocked.
‘When they jumped from the barrier, I felt a terrible feeling in my gut. Next thing your horse went down and crashed onto the track. I thought you were dead.’ Cynthia cried. They hugged each other. ‘I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to you. I love you so much.’
They hugged until Desi released his hold on Cynthia.
‘I need to sleep my love.’ He kissed her on the lips.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 3
dub, mzawf, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:03 pm

Build An Empire' - Page 77:

‘Can you visit me tomorrow?’ Desi said. His eyes closing overcome with sleep.
‘Yes. We’ll work together to find our way through to the end of this terrible ordeal.’ Cynthia kissed her husband left his bedside.
Joe returned to the hospital after taking his family, plus Keith’s family to their homes. He met Cynthia after she left Desi’s ward.
‘I’m here to take you home.’ Joe beckoned to Cynthia. She ran to him, threw her arms around his shoulders, hugged him. Tears filled her eyes.
‘Thank you.’ Cynthia muttered between sobs.
‘Everything will be fine Cynthia. We look after our own here in the bush.’ Joe took Cynthia’s hand ushered her to his vehicle.
Parked outside Keith’s home Cynthia said, ‘Thank you again Joe.’ She alighted from the vehicle.
Daisy waited for Cynthia at the top of the stairs. Waved goodbye to Joe. Wrapped her arms around Cynthia’s shoulders. They cried.
‘I have a cuppa ready.’ Keith called from the kitchen.
Cynthia and Daisy joined Keith in the kitchen. Sat down to enjoy their refreshments.
‘I don’t know what I’d do without you both.’ Cynthia said after sipping her tea.
‘Everything will be fine. We’ll take good care of you. Desi could be in the hospital for months. We’ll play day by day. Never mind. You must be tied. Been a tense day.’ Daisy finished.
Cynthia didn’t sleep. Next morning, rose before dawn. Walked to the kitchen. Keith had the stove burning.

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
mzawf, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 am

page for today:
'Build An Empire' - Page 78:

‘Want a cuppa?’ He asked. Cynthia nodded. Sat at the table.
Keith prepared her a cuppa, placed in front of her. ‘I’ll cook breakfast.’
‘I’m not hungry.’ Cynthia muttered. Sipped her tea.
‘You’d better be hungry because you’re eating for two.’
‘If you insist.’
Keith cooked bacon and eggs. Placed on a plate in front of Cynthia.
‘Smells good. Thank you.’
Cynthia ate her breakfast. Finished her tea. ‘I’ll wash up.’
‘Daisy will be here soon. She’ll have breakfast then wash the dishes. I need to go to the racecourse. Last day of carnival.’ Keith said goodbye to his daughter-in-law.
Daisy entered kitchen, kissed Cynthia on the cheek. ‘How is my favourite daughter-in-law this morning?’ She smiled.
‘I’m your only daughter-in-law.’ Cynthia smirked, smiled.
‘You’re looking better this morning. Did you sleep well?’ Daisy asked in a motherly voice.
‘Couldn’t sleep. Worried about Desi. Do you think he will ever be better?’
‘Yes. Life throws us these curve balls. We either let them pass or strike them out of the ball park. Desi will recover. Whether he rides again is up to him.’ Daisy passed on her wisdom to Cynthia.
‘Thank you for everything you’re doing to help Desi and I.’

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I'LL BE ABSENT UNTIL 15TH FEBRUARY 2023.

mzawf, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:30 pm

'Build An Empire' - Page 79:

‘I love you like a daughter. You are my daughter-in-law, Cynthia. Will not allow anything to happen to you. We’re here for you both.’ Little Daisy entered kitchen walked to Cynthia hugged her, kissed her on the cheek.
‘Goes for me also Sis.’ Little Daisy smiled.
Cynthia visited the hospital early in the morning. Walked into Desi’s ward his prone body wrapped like an Egyptian mummy. Eyes pointed to the ceiling. Cynthia kissed her husband on the lips, smiled.
‘How’re you going?’ She asked in a loving voice.
‘How do you think I’m going. Cynthia, I can’t remember the race or falling from the horse. Can’t feel my legs.’
‘Has Doctor Pike been here to speak with you this morning?’ She asked.
‘Yes. Before daylight. Waiting for swelling in my back to go down before he can decide his next step.’
‘Sounds right. We need to take notice of Doctor Pike’s recommendations.’ Cynthia shared with her husband.
‘What if I can’t walk again.’ Desi muttered, tears filled his eyes.
‘Do you remember when we worked together to ready you to ride in the Melbourne Cup last year?’ Cynthia’s voice earnest.
‘Yes. You put me through the ringer.’
‘We’ll wait for Doctor Pike to tell us the bad news. Then we’ll decide our next steps.’
They sat silent. Waited for Doctor Pike to make his morning rounds.
Doctor Pike entered Desi’s room.

dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:14 pm

'Build An Empire' - Page 80:
page for today...

‘Good morning, Cynthia, Desi. How’re you feeling this morning Desi?’ Dr Pike asked in his doctor voice.
‘Same as before when you asked me. Nothing changed.’ Desi replied.
‘Let’s examine you.’ Doctor Pike used a sharp blade on sole of Desi’s left foot. No response. Repeated same exercise on his right sole. No response. ‘I recommend at this stage not to make any further treatments until swelling decreases in your leg and back. Until then you need to show patience.’ Doctor Pike finished.
‘I’m completely in your hands Doc.’ Desi replied. Solemn. Doctor Pike left the room.
‘Doesn’t sound great. Does it.’ Desi admonished after Doctor Pike left the room. His mood changed to darkness.
‘Listen to me Desi Whiteman. You’re lucky to be alive. I will not listen to any of your crap. Think positive. Remember when we started running to increase your fitness, you couldn’t keep pace with me.
We’re starting again from the beginning. No feeling sorry for yourself. Understand.’ Cynthia raised her voice for Desi to understand her words.
‘We’re not running Cynthia. I can’t rise from the bed. Don’t even know if I’ll ever walk again.’
‘Let your mind imagine your right leg repair. See in your mind each bone knitting together. Allow pain to leave. Relax with deep breathing.’ Cynthia explained. She breathed in a deep breathe, allowed the breathe to fill her lungs. Released her breathe slow.
Desi repeated same exercise Cynthia did. ‘Can’t do this. My chest hurts.’

dub, mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:23 am

page for today...
'Build An Empire' - Page 81:
‘Try smaller breathes.’ Cynthia encouraged her husband.
Desi again breathed in through his nostrils, released his breathe through his mouth.
‘You feel better now?’ Cynthia smiled.
Desi nodded.
‘While you’re lying in your bed, think how to repair your back and leg. Breathe slowly regularly, see yourself walk, run, and ride again. Build a picture in your mind. Take a snap shot of your vision, develop this vision into a positive thought. Repeat over and over in your mind, I will be better.’
Desi fell silent. A vision developed in his mind of him rising from the hospital bed, walk to the front door. ‘I can do this.’ Desi expressed in a positive voice.’ I love you, Cynthia.’ They kissed.
Next day Billy Campbell visited Desi. Cynthia rose when Billy entered the room.
‘How’re you two going?’ Billy asked, sat on a chair beside Desi’s bed.
‘Great under the circumstances.’ Desi answered his friend using a cheerful voice.
‘I have good news for you both.’ Billy handed Cynthia an envelope. ‘Open it.’
Cynthia opened the envelope to find money.
‘What’s this for?’ Cynthia asked showing the contents to Desi.
‘After your accident, owners, trainers and jockeys decided to forfeit their prizemoney to give to you both for support.’ Billy explained. Tears filled Cynthia’s eyes. She hugged Billy.

dub, mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:07 am

Build An Empire' - Page 82:
page for today...

‘Thank you.’ Desi nodded his head in acknowledgement to thank his friend.
‘What’s the latest news?’ Billy asked with a positive voice.
‘We need to wait until swelling goes down in my leg and back before Doctor Pike can do anything further.’ Desi stated.
‘What’s the plan. Will you be able to ride again?’ Billy said.
‘I will walk again my friend Billy. May be a long time. I’ll walk again and even ride again.’ Desi replied in a strong positive voice.
‘Knowing you as I do, I’ll put money on you riding again. I’d better be off. If you want anything please let me know.’ Billy farewelled his friends.
‘What are we going to do with this money?’ Cynthia asked astonished to receive so much money.
Desi fell silent. Considered Cynthia’s question.
‘We’ll need to save this money Cynthia. I have no idea when I’ll be able to ride again, if ever. Having a baby. Where are we going to live? Can’t sponge on Mum and Dad. Put it in the bank for now until we decide what to do with the money.’ Desi stated. Cynthia nodded in agreement.
‘I’ll go and deposit the money into our bank account. Don’t you worry about anything. We’ll be right. You practice your positive thinking. Remember, I love you always. This is going to be a tough fight Desi. We will make it.’ Cynthia’s eyes filled with tears. Kissed him on the lips. ‘I’ll be here tomorrow’. She left.
After depositing money into the bank Cynthia returned to Desi’s family home. They treated her like a daughter, she was their daughter-in-law. Daisy met her daughter-in-law at the front steps when she arrived. just hugged :kiss

dub, mzawf
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter