Pat Ritter. Books

An extraordinary writer
ENJOY
:read
  • Author
Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:19 pm

Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 93:

...His home life improved out of sight, although Ada always reminded him she could not trust him. Would she ever trust him again?
‘Why can’t you just have a social drink?’ Ada often said to Bundy.
‘What is a social drink? If I have one drink – I can’t stop until I’ve have a gut full.’ Bundy replied.
It was four months since Bundy stopped drinking alcohol. He continued visiting the hotel with his workmates after work having his claytons tonic mixed with water. After awhile he stopped going to the hotel with his workmates, instead going home to Ada and their two children. Life had changed; he wanted to take one step at a time.
An opportunity arose for Bundy to relieve as a ‘Boss’ in another town further out west for four months. Before he stopped his drinking, no one would have asked him to relieve in such a position. He accepted. With Ada and the children they settled into their new position with ease.
Bundy seldom had any difficulties with performing his job. In fact, according to his peers, he was a very competent investigator showing zeal, tenacity and ability to investigate any crime. Unfortunately, alcohol always dimmed their views after hearing of his latest ‘drinking binge’. Now he was sober, his reputation went before him wherever he’d go.
A bar in this town the police often frequented, was known as the ‘Cattleman’s Bar’. Butch was the barman. When Bundy arrived in the town, he was invited to the ‘Cattleman’s Bar’ for a drink. He spoke to Butch and told him he didn’t drink alcohol. He shared his story of drinking clayton’s...

For this message the author patritter has received thanks:
dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Have thanks: 2032 times

Advertisement

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:16 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 94:

...tonic with water. Each time Bundy asked Butch for his ‘usual’ Butch understood what he wanted – clayton’s tonic with water. It was only known between the two of them.
Monthly, all of the police officers from the surrounding police stations gathered at this town for a conference. After the conference the police officers who wanted to have a drink, congregated at the ‘Cattleman’s Bar’. Bundy joined them for a drink.
Bundy drank his ‘usual’. He stood beside a junior constable from an outlying station who’d been drinking beer. He, the constable was getting to an intoxicated state. He was so intoxicated he was about to ‘take his belt off from his trousers and wrap it around the bar handle to hold him upwards so he wouldn’t fall over.’
He looked at Bundy with a peculiar gaze in his eyes, at the same time said, in a very slurred speech, ‘you detectives must be taught how to drink, and I’ve sat here with you all day. I’ve seen you drink scotch and water and you don’t look like you’ve had a drink.’
Bundy couldn’t help but smile and said, ‘Yeah, we’re taught to drink,’ thinking what a wonderful experience he’d enjoyed by knowing he was not drunk.
Returning to his hometown after working as a ‘Boss’ out west, he received a message from the ‘Big Boss’ of the Region who immediately wanted to see him in his office. He had no idea why he wanted to see him. Why, would this person want to see me? I haven’t done anything wrong I know of...

PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9221 TO READ HOW I HAD A PACEMAKER IMPLANTATION AND RECOVERED FROM DEPRESSION.

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:18 am

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 95:

...lately, Bundy thought when he journeyed to his office.
‘Come in Bundy, I’m pleased you came to see me.’ His Superintendent replied.
‘What is it I can help you with Sir?’ He answered not certain why he was there.
‘I’ve been told you stopped drinking?’
‘Yes, Sir, It’s been almost nine months now.’ Bundy replied still not certain why he was there.
‘How did you stop?’ His Superintendent asked in an inquiring voice.
‘My wife gave me an ultimatum if I didn’t do something about my drinking she would leave me and take my two children with her.’
‘Women are like that.’ He continued. ‘What have you done to stop yourself from not drinking?’ He wanted to know.
‘I drink clayton’s tonic with water.’ Bundy told his Superintendent.
‘Why I’ve asked you to come to see me is I have a person on staff with an alcohol problem. When I heard you have stopped drinking I knew how much you used to drink and wanted to speak with you about how you did it so I could help this other person.’ The Superintendent said.
‘Would you like me to have a chat with him Sir? I’m happy to do so.’ Bundy said relieved to know he wasn’t in trouble.
‘No - it’s all right, I’ll speak with him. I think the circumstances are a little different with this fellow. Thank you anyway for the offer. That will be all for now. Keep up the good work you are doing.’ Superintendent replied.
‘Thank you Sir.’...

For this message the author patritter has received thanks: 2
dub, Nevis
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 am

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 96:

...When he returned to his office, Alex wanted to know why the ‘Big Boss’ wanted to see him. Bundy explained in detail of his conversation with their ‘Big Boss’.
‘Well, Bundy who would have thought by giving away the grog like you did would have attracted the attention of the chief.’ Alex said.
Bundy smiled, when he left Alex’s office and pondered with the thought of only nine months before, he was the villain and now he was quickly becoming a hero for not drinking alcohol.
News about Bundy’s visit to the Superintendent’s office quickly spread like wild fire throughout the region, making his visit a major topic of conversation whenever police congregated to hear the latest gossip. It was news for police to hear about Bundy’s abstinence of alcohol more so, ‘reasons for his stop drinking and how he did it’.
Whenever he was in the company of other detectives they always inquired, ‘how long has it been now Bundy since you give the piss away – how did you do it?’ It became somewhat of a boring subject for Bundy, because he was certain he didn’t behave in this manner when he was drinking, he told them. ‘Like bloody hell, you were one of the worst drunks in the police force,’ echoed the chorus from the others who remembered Bundy from his drinking days.
This conversation reminded him of the times he’d attended ‘Send Offs’ for his fellow officers. He was always one of the first to arrive and always the only one left by the end of the night, drunk as usual. He certainly had a reputation, which hadn’t done his career much good. Now was a different...

CLICK THE LINK: TO READ STORIES WRITTEN AT POMONA WRITERS GROUP. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/71550

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:20 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 97:

...story. He was always one of the first persons asked to attend a ‘send off’ because he didn’t drink; others could drink to their heart’s content while Bundy was the driver to take them home.
There was a minus to this problem, for when Bundy was driving his drunken colleagues’ home; it was always a topic of conversation about ‘how much did Bundy actually drink?’
‘I’d spill more than what you fellows ever drank. I’d be so full, I’d have to put corks in both of my ears so the grog wouldn’t run out of my nose’ was his constant answer when asked the same question.
Suddenly, Bundy became a person who was looked upon as being of very strong character for ‘giving up the booze’. Many a time other officers, who’d known him during his drinking days, commented how they couldn’t believe a person like Bundy could suddenly stop drinking alcohol after drinking so much of it for so many years.
It was five years since that faithful day on the 13th January 1977 when Bundy had his final drink of alcohol. Ada surprised him one morning by saying to him, ‘you can drink if you want too Bundy. It’s been five years now. I can’t understand why you just can’t be a social drinker. I have one now and then but I don’t need to drink the whole full bottle.’
‘Unfortunately I do when I start drinking. I am an alcoholic.’ Bundy blurted out not realising what he said. It had been the first time in his life he had personally acknowledged to himself that he was an ALCOHOLIC. He totally understood he had no control over alcohol. For him to have control over...

CLICK ONTO: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/120881 AND READ STORIES WRITTEN AT POMONA WRITERS GROUP.

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:04 pm

'confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 98:

...alcohol was not to have it. Bundy felt relieved he had at last admitted to Ada he was an ALCOHOLIC.
Life for Bundy and Ada became very strong for one another. They were both madly in love with one another, but Ada could not completely trust Bundy he wouldn’t return to his bad old days of drinking. She was always afraid of him returning to those ‘bad old days’ when she didn’t know where he was and didn’t know what time he would be home.
She was still not at peace with herself to again completely trust him. Ada was a good horse trainer; with many wins to her credit through training her thoroughbreds she trained both in the country and city tracks. She and Bundy raced one of their horses in the city running second. Her horse competing so well against the stronger horses from the city overawed her.
On their journey home Ada said to Bundy, ‘would you mind if I had a drink of beer to celebrate. I’m so excited about how the horse run today I feel like getting drunk.’
Bundy couldn’t believe what Ada was saying, ‘Yes, of course I’ll buy you some beer. It’s strange for you to ask because you don’t normally drink.’
‘This time I want to try it.’ Ada replied in an excited voice. Bundy drove into the liquor store and purchased a large bottle of beer for Ada.
When they arrived home and settled the horse into his stall, Bundy couldn’t fully understand ‘why’ she wanted to drink a bottle of beer? Who was he to argue with the one person who’d saved...

PLEASE CLICK ONTO THIS LINK TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7688. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT.

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

Pat Ritter. Books

Postby patritter » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:20 pm

'Confessions of an alcoholic' - Page 99:

...him from his own self-destruction? Ada drank the whole contents of the bottle.
Bundy readied himself for bed. Hearing noises, as if someone was vomiting onto the lawn out at the back of their house, he went to investigate the noise. It was Ada vomiting from drinking the alcohol. ‘Isn’t this a sight for sore eyes? That’s what I used to do.’ Bundy said to Ada having never seen her in this state of intoxication before, come to bed after you’ve finished.’
He had almost fallen off to sleep when Ada joined him in bed. ‘You sink, get out of here - you smell rotten of grog.’ He said.
‘I put up with you for years when you came home like this. What’s it like to have the boot on the other foot?’ She replied in a slurred voice at the same time lying down beside Bundy wanting to cuddle into him.
‘I suppose I can put up with it just this once. It probably makes up for the many times I did it to you.’ Bundy replied succumbing to Ada’s seductive actions. It was the final time Ada drank alcohol.
Bundy received a promotion in his career, returning them to the city. It was an appropriate time, for their children to attend senior school, providing them with a greater opportunity to improve their standard of education. Unfortunately his career came to a sudden halt because of a medical problem. He was medically discharged from the police force. It was a devastating blow for he was about to gain promotion to senior management...

dub
patritter
mzawfer
mzawfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Author, Pat Ritter